posted May 11, 2011, 2:26 PM by Malu Schloss
updated Aug 11, 2013, 9:38 AM by Nitza Hauser
Did you or your company produce award-worthy instruction, information, user support or promotions products in the past year or two? You could be our winner! We invite you to participate in the Society for Technical Communication (STC) Competitions.
Anyone can enter the competition as long as they follow the STC General Competition Rules
. Contestants need not be members of the Society for Technical Communication. In general, all entries must be in English and have been produced or substantially revised within 24 months prior to September 1 of the current year. They have been originally prepared (and accepted) for publication by a client or an employer.
Categories by function are:
- Instructional Materials train users on skills and knowledge using solutions like eLearning, mLearning, facilitator guides, instructional animations or videos, student guides, tutorials and webinars.
- User Support Materials provide information for the user in performing specific tasks for independent use including online help, job aids, quick start or reference guides, reference documents, user guides and websites.
- Promotional Materials market or promote a product, company, individual, or event that aim to persuade the audience to some action, using integrated figures and text. Examples may include brochures, catalogs, fliers, posters and websites.
- Informational Materials inform the user without a specific call to action. Examples may include annual reports, articles, books, error messages, magazines, newsletters, periodicals, posters, research papers and websites.
- Call for Entries – August 1
- Training of Judges - September 2011
- Deadline for Submission of Entries - Monday, September 26, 2011
- Judging period - Oct 10- Nov 19, 2011
- Consensus Judging – Nov. 19
- Awards Banquet Dinner - January, 2012
- Submission of Regional Awardees to International - February 15, 2012
- International Awards during STC International Summit - May 20-23, 2012 in Chicago, IL
To submit an Entry
Download and review the following documents: Competition Guidelines and Rules and Call for Entries. When you are ready, fill in the Competition Entry Form. Follow the instructions. Send your Entry to the Karen Levine, Entries Manager
by the Submission Deadline, September 26, 2011.