As my term as chapter president is coming to a close, here are some reflections on the past and a message for the future...
In the past 2 years it has been my pleasure to work with a group of really caring and dedicated people in the board and the chapter's lay leadership:
- We organized monthly programs and social events for the members and friends of the chapter (that's one or two events each month for 10 months!!)
- We have revamped and re-branded the chapter web site with new look and fresh content (have you checked our Members Blog recently?)
- Our newsletter has also been re-branded and has actually won a 2013 Apex award
- We have opened new social venues like facebook and Meetup and have greatly increased our outreach
- We have reached out and established links with area universities, to encourage and support students of technical communication, and have collaborated on a number of projects with them.
Indeed, STC has recognized our chapter as a Community of Excellence in 2013 and 2014, and some of our
initiatives has won us the PaceSetter award as well in both 2013 and 2014. At the summit this past May, we have additionally been recognized as ‘Most Improved Community’
It has been an honor to serve this community, and I thank you all for your continuous support and participation. I hope to continue and serve the chapter and support the incoming president and board. Congratulation to Julie Waxgiser and the incoming team!! I know how dedicated and experienced they are, and I’m confident they will lead the chapter onward and upward!!
Immediate Past President, NY Metro chapter