posted Nov 6, 2013, 5:34 PM by Nitza Hauser
Whether you are a current member or new to the Society for Technical Communication, I encourage you to renew or join for the 2014 activity year!! Over the past year, the NY Metro local chapter, backed by STC international, have greatly expanded our educational offerings and added new benefits and services. We couldn’t have done it without dedicated members like you!
STC NY Metro helps you expand your knowledge and further your career. As a member, you can:
- Get discounted rates on our monthly events, presentations and workshops. Learn from the most respected names in the technical communication field, meet them in person, network with your peers, or if you choose - attend virtually.
- Access free, members-only, sponsored live Web seminars organized by STC throughout the year.
- Receive award-winning publications, from our chapter newsletter containing news and blogs about the goings-on in the chapter, to the STC’s Intercom and the Technical Communication journal.
- Access to over 140 free, on-demand, archived STC seminars on the topics ranging from User Experience and Accessibility to Content Management and DITA
- Get member rates for the STC Summit - the largest international gathering of technical communicators - and access to Summit@aClick, our online collection of the Summit conference’s content
- Subscribe to our New York Metro Job database or to the STC's Job Bank. You can also post your resume for potential employers to find.
- Find a mentor. Our Talk to a Professional (TaP) program can match you up with a professional who can share knowledge and experience. This is especially useful for people new to the profession, or who are transitioning from another career path.
Some additional useful links for you to peruse:
Join now and get the remainder of 2013 and ALL of 2014 for one low price! For a limited time, renewing members pay only $195 for a 2014 Classic membership! Use Dues Discount Code: STC2014
If you are a current member, the
is in full swing. Recruit new members and win prizes.
Check here for details.
To join or renew:
- Fill out the Membership Application for STC.
- Select the NY Metro Chapter in the Chapter membership choice.
To encourage you to join early, we will be raffling off prizes for those who register between November 1st and January 15th:
First Prize - a Google Nexus 7" Tablet with 32GB Memory
Second Prize - a signed copy of Rahel Bailie’s book Content Strategy: Connecting the Dots between Business, Brand and Benefits.
So hurry up and join us for an exciting and fun-filled 2014!
President, STC NY Metro chapter