Schedule of Activities and Judge Responsibilities In addition to submitting entries, the Greater NY and Philadelphia Regional TechComm Competition provides
opportunities for professional development, networking, and sharpening
your skills of observation and evaluation.
If you are an industry professional with at least five years of
experience working or teaching in communication or a related field, then
you are invited to serve as a volunteer judge in our competition.
STC membership is not a requirement.
Judging lets you join other
technical communication professionals to compare notes on what works and
what doesn't work in technical communication. Because we have a wide
pool of judges, you can enter and also serve as a judge with no conflict
of interest. You will use the STC entry assessment form to evaluate
your entries independently. You will work with a team of judges to
achieve award-level consensus for each entry.
The highlight of the
judging process is the onsite consensus judging event. The judging event
is an enjoyable opportunity to mingle, network, and learn from each
other. We also offer remote judging opportunities. You do not have to be
an STC member to serve as judge.
If you want to judge or if you have
questions about judging, download and fill in the Judges Information
Form. Send the completed form to Competitions Judging Manager Carolyn
Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org or Barrie Byron, email@example.com before September 30, 2012.
We estimate that judges will devote a minimum of 15-24 hours.
- Please download and fill in the Judges Information Form (Word) or PDF vers and send it to Carolyn Reynolds, Competitions Judging Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by October 5, 2012. (Note: You can also download the form from this page.)
- For more information: please call Carolyn or Barrie: Carolyn Reynolds: 1-(914) 524-2993; Barrie Byron: 1-561-702-5044.
Training for Judges
Refresher Training is offered for all judges. Training is mandatory for new judges.
Do you know someone in our industry who has an interest in finding out more about STC? Please share the information about the competition and about the judging opportunity.
For details, contact our volunteer competition managers at email@example.com.
Schedule of Activities
- October 16 (experienced judges) and October 17 (new judges) Judge Training will be done virtually.
- October 19, 2012 Deadline for Submission of Entries
- December 8, 2012 Consensus Day, 9:00 am-2:00 pm Simultaneous locations in New York, Philadelphia, New England and virtually.
Please mark your calendars! Choose the site that works for you. Light breakfast and lunch will be served.
- New York - Thomson Reuters, 195 Broadway, New York, NY 10007
- Philadelphia - Vertex Inc, 1041 Old Cassatt Road, Berwyn, PA
- New England - Site to be announced
- Virtual - Judges who cannot attend the consensus day in person will be sent weblinks to enable you to coordinate with your respective Teams.
- February, 2013 Regional Awards Ceremony and Recognition (Details to be announced.)
- May 8, 2013 STC International Summit Awards, Atlanta, GA
Resources for Judges
Thank you for your support!