On Sunday, January 19, 2014, you and your colleagues will prepare to enter a specialty technical communication marketplace.
We issue you a Certificate of Completion.
APIs and SDKs Workshop8:15 am - 9:00 am - Registration & Breakfast
9:00 am - 5:00 pm - Workshop
The goals of this workshop are to:
- Learn what APIs and SDKs are, who uses them, and why.
- Learn what typical documentation deliverables are for these products.
- Learn two common methodologies for producing documentation for APIs/SDKs from the source code, a “single source of truth.”
- Be able to describe why this approach is preferred by many developers.
- Practice using two common tools for producing documentation from the source code, Doxygen and Javadoc.
- Learn recommended sources of training to get the skills needed for this area.
- Create an API/SDK sample that you can show to potential clients or employers.
Attendees need to bring their own laptops with
(or a Windows emulator installed)
and have full admin privileges to install software on the laptop. All software used in the workshop is free and will be provided by the instructor.