8:45 am - Phone line opens for virtual participants
On Sunday, September 14, 2014, you and your colleagues will learn more about how human behavior influences user experience design from a leading expert in the field.
The Art and Science of User Experience Design Workshop8:15 am - 9:00 am - Registration & Breakfast
9:00 am - 5:00 pm - Workshop
This session provides the foundation for creating an effective user experience through a deep understanding of human behavior. This program removes the mystery surrounding human perception, how the mind encodes sensory input, and how the mind stores and retrieves memories that guide information processing.
An understanding of these foundational behaviors then informs the design of information, user interaction, interface design, and performance support systems.
- Learn the elements of intuitive interface and interaction design in practice
- Explore strategies for managing the load imposed by a system with a goal of improving human performance while also reducing errors
- Consider managing the emotional elements underlying the user experience
Discussions will include the Six Elements of the User Experience:
After reviewing each behavioral element, participants will have the opportunity to apply this behavior to case studies of their choosing. This analysis serves as the underpinning of an expert reviews and the practice of informed design.
- Designing to accommodate the perceptual system
- Supporting preconscious requirements
- Understanding the role of users’ mental models
- Accommodating meta-cognitive requirements
- Managing the user's workload
- Creating an appropriate emotional experience
|Register & Pay|
Please REGISTER EARLY. Limited seats are available. Deadline for registration is Friday, September 12.
To register, select the appropriate payment level below and click Buy Now. Proceed to pay via Paypal.
NOTE: All registrations are transferable but
A link for virtual participants will be sent 1 day
before each events.