On Tuesday, January 20, 2015, network with your colleagues.
What is around the corner?? Listen, participate, and you will know.
No crystal ball required to attend.
Now What!? Tech Comm Trends for 2015 and Beyond5:30 pm - 5:50 pm - Networking and Refreshments NYC
and Virtual attendees dial in
5:50 pm - 6:00 pm - Welcome and Announcements
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm - Virtual presentation and Q&A
"Recent developments in technology and in tech comm are complicating what used to be a fairly stable environment."
- “Mobile” is becoming more and more prominent in society, but does tech comm apply to mobile? And how do we even define “mobile” when faced with hundreds of different mobile devices?
- HTML5 is a hot topic, but what does it offer that we haven’t done for years with browser-based help?
- What’s responsive design?
- What’s a fluid grid and why might it be important in tech comm?
This presentation discusses a dozen developments in tech comm, some new and some older but still relevant, including:
- The strategic side of tech comm: Why technical communicators need to learn to speak business-ish
- The business side of tech comm: Will eLance and Freelance hit tech comm?
- The “undesktop”: Developing for unknown platforms and devices and the need for standards
- Responsive design
- HTML5 and its strategic implications
- Good coding practices
- Topic-based and structured authoring
- Analytics, legacy material, social media, the cloud, and more…
If you’re wondering what new challenges you may face in the next few years, come to this session.
|Register & Pay|
Please REGISTER EARLY. Limited seats are available. Deadline for registration is Sunday, January 18.
To register, select the appropriate payment level below and click Buy Now. Proceed to pay via Paypal.
NOTE: All registrations are transferable but
A link for virtual participants will be sent 1 day
before each events